In positive psychology, a flow state, also known colloquially as being in the zone, is the mental state in which a person performing some activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus.
Mentalisation/visualisation unlike meditation is not to stop your thoughts, in fact, its purpose is to utilize thinking to create new archetypes in the subliminal mind to influence positively the physical body. Using visualization triggers hormones and synapses that make it easier for us to tackle daunting tasks. There is a lot of research that shows how mental practice develops creativity, enhances mood, helps the healing process and has a positive effect on performance of cognitive and physical tasks.
In this session, we will:
- Explore visualisation meditation and journaling techniques as a powerful way to stimulate our parasympathetic nervous system and be in a flow state
- Practice meditation as a way to get fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process
- Meditate on self-acceptance, self-compassion and self-love
What you Need to Know Before you Join:
- You are welcome to participate with your cameras on/off
- You can join with a family member or a friend
- To join the class just click on the relevant hyperlink on the time you are interested to participate on the agenda above
- You don’t need to download the Zoom application to join the room – just click on the link
- If you have any issues finding the Zoom links, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will share them with you
Photo by Kaboompics