Have you heard of a cake that’s actually good for you?
The ultimate birthday cake approved by children, parents and teachers alike.
Made with avocado and raw cocoa powder as the main ingredients. Full of fibre, antioxidants and heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids. Instead of sugar, I’m using a naturally derived alternative, xylitol. It comes from birch trees and doesn’t spike sugar levels like regular sugar but tastes just as sweet. No sugar crash when you eat this yummy cake.
This cake also helps your brainpower. Cocoa is one of the richest sources of polyphenols, potent antioxidants present in plants. They are especially abundant in flavanols, which have anti-inflammatory effects. Flavanols in cocoa can also support neurone production, brain function and improve blood flow and supply to brain tissue.
- 3 cups spelt wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 250 g xylitol
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ripe avocado mashed until smooth
- 2 cups oat milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 250g xylitol
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
6 Simple steps
1. Mix all dry ingredients and whisk them to aerate the flour.
2. Smash the avocado into a smooth paste (or smoosh :)) and add all wet ingredients
3. Mix the wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
4. Pour into a baking dish and bake for 55min at 180 C
5. Make the frosting: whizz avocado, xylitol and cocoa powder until smooth.
6. Frost the cake.
Do you want to find out more about our services? then click on the link below: