About the programme
Introducing ‘My Zen Warrior Toolkit’, an 8-week programme based on how Urban Yoga Lab’s founder, former PR executive and corporate wellbeing expert, Alexandra Kafka, has learned how to overcome her chronic stress and anxiety via mindfulness. These tools are aiming to support employees struggling with some of the most common workplace issues they face in 2022, such as digital addiction, work life balance, anxiety and loneliness.
The toolkit aims to help employees discover hacks and techniques on how to improve their focus, boost energy, improve sleep, eat healthier, manage stress, boost their productivity, ignite creativity, and relax. The programme contains 42 tools that Alexandra has collected along her two year mindfulness journey after visiting 34 countries around the world.
These evidence-based tools are tested and still being proven to work on a daily basis by more than 8,500 employees from some of the big corporate names including, Conrad Hilton, RBC, Wells Fargo and Soho House. Although Alexandra’s toolkit may include practices different to yours, she hopes this will be a launchpad that will propel your employees into a transformed, healthier and more expanded life.
Hybrid employees who are battling with their own stress, as well as those interested in upgrading their wellbeing, will enjoy these series and the surprisingly practical, relatable, and actionable tools such as tapping, daily self-care hacks, mindfulness-based stress reduction techniques amongst others.
As we see increased levels of absenteeism, digital addiction, imposter syndrome, the toxic productivity phenomenon, the Great Resignation and so many other big challenges in hybrid workplaces, I feel that there is so much that the corporate world has to learn by mindfulness techniques.
In my ZW programme, I promise to teach what will revolutionise and transform your employees’ relationship with their wellbeing. We will only focus on 8 key aspects of their wellbeing that will create the biggest changes. My aim is to help you to create a wellbeing transformation as quickly and easily as possible in their lives.
I am an inspirational speaker, corporate wellbeing expert and founder of Urban Yoga Lab and Oxyzn. My mission is to empower hybrid employees with simple, relatable, self-help tools and techniques to help them live a more balanced, healthier and happier life. My career began in PR where I was a PR executive for one of the Tier 1 London-based agencies and I had the opportunity to work for very big clients, which was invaluable. After being stressed and anxious all the time and really suffering from the disconnection to my purpose and my true happiness, I experienced a burnout myself. That then led me to resign and embark on a two year self-healing journey around the world. I visited 34 countries with a mission to learn about mindfulness, meditation, tapping and other powerful wellbeing techniques. During that time a lot of things happened, and I had the opportunity to rediscover my true self. When I came back to London, I decided to share those tools and practices with as many employees as possible. It was this mission that led me to launch Urban Yoga Lab and Oxyzn. I combine my background in PR, practical advice on wellbeing and a deep understanding of mindfulness and its principles to support employees in upgrading their wellbeing and forming an entirely new healthy lifestyle and way of being.
Zen Warrior Series: Digital Wellbeing: How to Combat Zoom Fatigue & Do a Digital Detox to Improve Focus– Interactive Webinar | 60 min
Anxious? Here’s a set of mindfulness tools to use on-demand that will help you calm down. Learn about a series of digital detox tools that will enable you to combat your own anxiety, build resilience and be more able to support others.
The general trend throughout the last year was the overuse of digital devices as we spent more and more time online, leading many to experience symptoms of stress, depression or anxiety. During this 60-minute interactive webinar, you will learn how to set boundaries with technology so that you can enhance your focus and boost your performance, take back control of your time, and connect more meaningfully with others.
In this 60-minute Webinar, you can expect to:
- Learn more about nomophobia, mindless scrolling, and fear of missing out (FOMO)
- Discover how to stay in the driver’s seat of your own life by scheduling frequent digital detox breaks throughout the working week, and how to go regularly offline
- Learn how to apply certain key principles to unplug from technology to improve sleep quality, and supercharge your wellbeing
Zen Warrior Series: Mindful Eating & Drinking to Build a Healthy Relationship with Food – Gut’s Health – Workshop | 60 min
In this workshop, we will discuss how we can use nutrition and healthy beverages as a ‘superpower’ to better connect with our family, increase productivity and boost our energy levels.
In this 45-minute workshop, you can expect to:
- Learn about mindful eating and drinking habits that will help especially in moments you struggle with overeating, over drinking or emotional eating
- How to slow down, become aware of what is going on and focus on the sensations that occur while you eat
- Connect with others by using mindful eating and drinking techniques; you will be exploring mealtimes as an opportunity to ground yourselves and reconnect with your family
Zen Warrior Series: Three Techniques to Turn Stress into your Best Friend – Relax/ Destress – Interactive Webinar| 60 min
In a world of constant movement and full of distractions, a variety of handy, on-demand tools are accessible to gain better control over our attention, thoughts, and emotions. Stress is something we experience in different forms and we all have different ways of coping with it. Join Alexandra Kafka as we explore stress, its impact, and how we can apply a different lens to manage it. During this webinar, you will learn how to respond to stress with grace and intelligence.
In this 60-minute webinar, you can expect to:
- Help you recognise the key signs of anxiety and low mood
- Share three evidence-based techniques for managing difficult thoughts and develop an awareness and acceptance of the present
- Explore tools that can be used at any time to help you feel more productive, motivated, and better focused
- Learn how to pull away from thoughts that keep you attached to the past or worrying about the future
Zen Warrior Series: Brainwaves, Visualisation & Journaling Techniques to Ignite your Creativity – Webinar| 60 min
In positive psychology, a flow state, also colloquially known as being in the zone, is the mental state in which a person performing some activity is fully immersed in a feeling of immense focus.
Mentalisation/visualisation unlike meditation is not to stop your thoughts, in fact, its purpose is to utilise thinking to create new archetypes in the subliminal mind to positively influence the physical body. Visualisation triggers hormones and synapses that make it easier for us to tackle daunting tasks. There is a lot of research that shows how mental practice develops creativity, enhances mood, helps the healing process, and has a positive effect on the performance of cognitive and physical tasks.
In this session, we will:
- Explore visualisation meditation and journaling techniques as powerful ways to stimulate our parasympathetic nervous system and be in a flow state
- Practice meditation to get fully immersed in a feeling of immense focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process
- Meditate on self-acceptance, self-compassion and self-love
Zen Warrior Series: Mindfulness Tips for Improved Sleep – Webinar | 60 min
Sleep is an essential function that allows your body and mind to recharge, leaving you refreshed and alert when you wake up. Yet millions of people do not get enough sleep or try to cope with poor quality sleep. Join Mindfulness coach Alexandra Kafka to discuss the role of sleep and its effect on our health, immune system, and overall wellbeing. During this 60-min webinar, we will explore how to use meditation, breathwork and mindfulness to increase the quantity and the quality of your sleep.
Topics covered include:
- The use of coffee and “coffee crash”
- The role of sleep in creating optimal physical and mental performance and efficiency
- Insomnia and sleep apnoea: key differences and management
- Top mindfulness tips for better sleep
Zen Warrior Series: Walking & Moving Meditation to Relax – Workshop | 60 min
Meditation is one of the greatest stress management techniques because it carries various benefits. Walking meditation provides the benefits of meditation combined with the benefits of exercise and has the additional benefit of being easy to learn and practice.
In this 60-minute workshop, you can expect to:
- Learn how to create mental and emotional space between you and your stressors
- Learn how to gain perspective and get your bearings before tackling the stressful situations at hand
- Learn how to relax your mind and body to reverse your stress response
- Learn how to build resilience to future stress through a set of walking meditation practices
Zen Warrior Series: Create a Perfect Morning Routine – 5 Ways to Boost your Energy |Webinar| 45 min
A strong morning routine is a set of actions we perform before starting our day’s main activity, which sets us up for a productive day.
What does your current morning routine look like?
- A hurried and frenzied rush out of the bedroom?
- Sleeping in until the last minute?
- Mindlessly checking social media and not being productive?
- What are your thoughts before you get out of bed?
In this session, we will explore how to:
- Create a morning routine that works filled with purpose, presence, and peace
- Place our daily tasks in an Eisenhower Matrix to boost our performance
- Adopt some of the best morning routine hacks proven to boost energy and motivation throughout the day – turning us from procrastinators to high performers
Zen Warrior Series: Productivity – Imposter Syndrome and How to Overcome it Interactive Webinar | 60 min
When your working environment changes, it can throw your life off balance, and as a result, unhealthy thought patterns can creep in. This session will provide practical tips and tools to allow you to cope effectively with imposter syndrome. During this 60-minute webinar, you will learn techniques to train your emotional intelligence and your brain, in order to create new neural pathways through repetition. You will also be looking at how to use your body to interrupt your usual thoughts and habitual patterns.
In this 60-minute webinar, you can expect to:
- Discuss common negative thought patterns, how easy it is to slip back into them, and techniques to help you overcome and improve your resilience
- Discuss the self-care practices you can integrate into your day-to-day routines to feel more empowered, confident and balanced
- Learn how to overcome distraction and experience deep self-love