One of the most important things in life is the connections we make with others. Especially when moving to a new location, making friends and connections can be time-consuming and daunting. This is why we have provided a virtual space where you can meet some people living in your new location, and become a part of the community.
The topic of the hour:
Something in Common is an ice breaker game that fosters connections. To start off, we divide people into teams with four or five people each. The group members have three minutes to find the three most unique things they have in common. The emphasis is on unique, because “we all have ears” is boring, but “we all cooked corn on the cob in the last week” is novel and interesting.
Photo by Fauxels
- What you Need to Know Before you Join:
- You are welcome to participate with your cameras on/off
- You can join with a family member or a friend
- To join the class just click on the relevant hyperlink on the time you are interested to participate on the agenda above
- You don’t need to download the Zoom application to join the room – just click on the link
- If you have any issues finding the Zoom links, feel free to email us at email@example.com and we will share them with you